Tags: 5 second rule, buzzfeed, cookie, floor, food, french fries, reese's peanut butter cup, story
When it comes to dropping food on the floor, how often do you use the 5 second rule?
First off, what is the ‘5 second rule’? That’s when food falls on the floor, and if you pick it up within 5 seconds, it’s ok to eat!
In a recent story, kidshealth.org talked about the ‘truth’ of the ‘5 Second Rule.’
Buzzfeed ran a recent survey asking people which foods they would and would not eat after they fell to the floor.
1. 95% said a cookie.
2. 77% would eat a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup it if they drop it.
3. French fries, 74% will eat it.
4. 49% will eat it a piece of pizza.
5. A piece of a sushi roll, 27% will eat it.
6. 6% would eat Spaghetti and meatballs.