Annual Employment Report
January 1, 2020-December 31, 2020
There were two new full-time hires during the above-mentioned period. SEU participated in both in-person and virtual job fairs, conducted one pre-COVID 19 quarantine tour, sponsored a sales recruitment campaign and hosted one UL Internship.
- January 10, 2020 Girl Scout Troup #601 tour and interview.
- February 19, 2020 UL Lafayette Spring Career Fair
- March 18, 2020 B I Moody College of Business Career Fair
- August 6, 2020 LEDA Career Fair (Virtual)
- September 17, 2020 UL Lafayette Fall Career Fair (Virtual)
- October – December 2020 UL Student Internship Program-
In Fall 2020, one UL broadcasting major, interned across our radio station group. He learned basic skills in the following areas: board operator, input and editing of syndicated programming, voice-tracking, conducting an EAS test, taking and recording transmitter readings, scheduling a music log and editing a commercial log. He also worked with our air staff in show prep and planning, updating a winner data base and organizing listener prizes. In our social media department, he assisted in publishing events for station sites and edited and published daily podcast posts.
Advertised opening(s) from 11/18-11/24/20
- LAB (included on LAB Facebook and NAB websites)
- UL Handshake Job board.
- All 3 radio station websites: big1021.com, purecountry1067.com and mysunny951.com
- Ran :60 recruitment ad on all 3 stations; 1 X per daypart 6-10a,10-3p,3-7p & 7p-Mid
Received 4 resumes; conducted interviews with most qualified candidates resulting in two new hires.
A quarterly review is conducted to assess on-going EEO efforts. These reviews are conducted by station management. We encourage all staff members to consider advancement within the organization as well as communicating any employment opportunities within the group to prospective job seekers. Station management monitors all EEO efforts as well as the applicant screening process.
We continue to encourage high school and college students interested in communications to consider internships with our group.
Click Here for Public File