Here are some interesting Superbowl facts that surprise and interest us.
It takes Tiffany & Co. over four months to make one Lombardi Super Bowl trophy. Estimated value of the Super Bowl trophy, $25,000.
The odds of picking the correct Super Bowl score are 400-1.
The NFL reports that every year, between 100 and 250 football fans show up to the Super Bowl with bogus tickets.
The number of 911 calls drops by 31% on Super Bowl Sunday. Crime drops by an average of 73% on Super Bowl Sunday.
Americans will purchase over 52 million cases of beer for the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is ranked eighth on the list of highest beer-selling occasions for the year. July 4th is number one. 7% of Americans will call in sick on Monday.
Super Bowl weekend is the slowest weekend of the year for weddings.
According to the American Institute of Food Distribution, Super Bowl Sunday is the second biggest food consumption day of the year behind Thanksgiving.
- Domino’s says pizza sales will increase by 80% on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 46% of people plan to eat pizza on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Nielsen says 50 million cases of beer are sold in the two weeks leading up to Super Bowl Sunday.
- 80% of people plan to eat chips on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Americans will eat 14 million pounds of chips on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Americans will eat 4,000 tons of popcorn on Super Bowl Sunday
- The National Retail Federation says Americans will consume 8 million tons of guacamole on Super Bowl Sunday.