Congratulations to AJ Miller of Lafayette- He knew when you do what Chris Logan described… Whatcha’ Cookin is Heleaux’s Turkey Roll.
Heleaux’s Turkey Roll
Delicious deboned Turkey seasoned with Onion, Bell Pepper and Garlic and Heleaux’s Seasoning.
Perfect for Easter or any holiday or special occasion.
Preheat oven to 375…
Remove plastic wrap, place in roasting pan. Wrap in foil and bake for 30 mins per pound. (2.5 hours for a 5 pounder!)
Remove foil for last 30 minutes to allow for browning.
Check with meat thermometer for internal temp of 175.
Let rest 15 minutes and remove net.
Slice and serve with roasted veggies like asparagus, or cauliflower and Broccoli… YUMMY!
Congratulations to Gerald Moreau of New Iberia – He knew Whatcha’ Cookin with the ingredients Renee Revett and Chris Logan gave, was CRAWFISH FETTUCCINI. Here’s how to make it what you’re cookin’…
• 12 oz Fettuccini Noodles
• 2 lbs of Fresh LA Peeled Crawfish
• 1 stick of Butter
• 16 oz Guidry’s Creole Mix (onion, bell pepper and celery)
• 2- 10 oz cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
• 2- 10 oz cans Cream of Shrimp Soup
• 2 ½ teaspoons Heleaux’s Seasoning
• 1 teaspoon Dry Parsley Flakes
• ½ cup Fresh Chopped Green Onion
• 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
• 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
Cook Fettuccini Noodles according to package directions, drain and place in a baking dish or pan.
Cook the Guidry Creole Mix in Butter until tender (approx. 15 mins). Add remaining ingredients
except the Velveeta Cheese, and simmer for 20 minutes. Mix the sauce with the Fettuccini in the baking dish. Top and bake at 350 uncovered for 15 minutes.
The Big 102.1 Big Morning Show congratulates Cheryl Soronen of Eunice, the very first Whatcha’ Cookin’? winner of a shopping trip at Heleaux’s! Renee Revett and Chris Logan gave the ingredients a few at a time for Crawfish Corn Soup. Here’s how to make it what you’re cookin’…
CRAWFISH CORN SOUP
- 1 lb Fresh Peeled LA Crawfish
- 1 stick of butter
- 8 oz Guidry’s Fresh Cut Creole Mix
- 10 oz can of Rotel
- 10 oz can Cream of Shrimp Soup
- 15 oz can Cream Style Corn
- 16 oz Kitchen Basics Seafood Stock
- 2 t. Heleaux’s Seasoning
- 2 t. McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seasoning
- 1/2 t. Dry Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 cup Chopped Green Onions
Cooking Directions: Saute Creole mix in butter for about 10 minutes, all remaining ingredients (except Crawfish and Green Onions) and simmer on low/medium heat for 20 minutes. Add Crawfish and Green Onions and simmer on low for 10 more minutes. Can be served over rice or pasta or with crusty french bread.